Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
Work alongside the Regional Executive Vice President on various business initiatives. Responsible for preparing quarterly and annual asset valuations for the Houston portfolio as well as assisting with valuations for pending acquisition and dispositions using Argus Enterprise.
Support Regional Strategic Initiatives
- Assist in analyzing and implementing leasing strategies.
- Analyze redevelopment and value add opportunities within the existing portfolio.
- Assist in providing local representation in the redevelopment of the Doubletree Hotel.
- Provide additional representation of Brookfield within the Houston commercial real estate community.
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing quarterly forecasting and annual budget valuations for the Houston region portfolio including but not limited to:
- Ensuring lease data is updated in each model including accurate recovery calculations and reconcile to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure forecast figures entered are accurate and complete.
- Work with leasing department to gather appropriate leasing forecasts at each specific point in time.
- Work with operations department to gather appropriate capital, operating expense and miscellaneous income projections.
- Reconcile Yardi ABF to Argus Enterprise models.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary validations needed for audit/compliance.
- Prepare annual business plan templates.
- Ensure discount rates and capitalization rates used in all models are supported by market analysis.
- Analyze cash flows for reasonableness and discuss areas of concerns with Regional Head.
- Engage third party firms to prepare independent valuations for IFRS comparison.
- Prepare timely quarterly IFRS presentation material including meaningful commentary and variance explanations.
- Run scenarios on assets as required by regional head and/or corporate team.
- Perform both detailed and high level analysis as requested.
- Assist Regional Executive Vice President in ad hoc financial projects as needed.
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing valuations for acquisitions/dispositions as requested by corporate team.
- Run desktop underwriting analyses on prospective acquisition opportunities using ARGUS and MS Excel.
- Responsible for keeping updated sales comps and other capital market transaction data.
- Responsible for keeping updated office lease comps across various submarkets for Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Denver markets.
- Helping create an acquisition target list for large scale institutional office opportunities for Houston, Dallas, Austin, and Denver markets.
Audit and Compliance
- Maintain detailed interim and year-end supporting schedules as needed for internal/external auditors related to regional assets.
- Assist with corporation compliance requirements as needed.
Technical Skills and Other
- Strong real estate financial modeling skills with in-depth knowledge of Argus Enterprise.
- Excellent numerical aptitude and analytical ability; understands details as well as big picture; provides meaningful conclusions.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development.
- Strong organization skills; ability to handle large volume of work; able to provide results under tight deadlines.
- 5+ years of extensive exposure to commercial real estate valuation modeling.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications with Advanced Excel.
- Bachelors degree in finance, professional designation a plus.