Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
This high profile customer service role is responsible for greeting and assisting internal and external customers in the common areas (i.e. lobby, retail, +15 paths) of the Fiffth Avenue Place, Bankers Hall complex or Suncor Energy Centre. The successful incumbent is a people-person, friendly, respectful, service driven, and professional. Regular communication with the Security control room is necessary. On-the-job Security and Life Safety training will be provided. This position consists of eight (8) hour shifts, Mondays through Fridays and will be under the daily direction of the shift Supervisor, Security & Life Safety. This position may be required to work extra hours as requested.
• Deliver superior customer service to internal/external clients in a friendly manner;
• Develop good knowledge of downtown Calgary, Bankers Hall and Suncor Energy Centre, specifically regarding the tenants, employees, and locations;
• Establish a rapport with contractors, tenants, and the public;
• Assist at the information desk and provide relief for breaks for Customer Service Representative;
• Conduct patrol premises as directed and/or during down times;
• Maintain public order and a safe environment in cooperation with the Supervisor, Security & Life Safety;
• Administer first aid and CPR techniques when necessary;
• Control building access by ensuring couriers, contractors and other agents are directed accordingly;
• Provide “safe walk” when necessary;
• Respond and provide support in relation to emergency response situations (i.e. fire alarms, medical emergencies, bomb threats, etc.);
• Other duties as assigned
The position at Bankers Hall, Suncor Energy Centre and Fifth Avenue Place require constant contact with staff, tenants, contractors, suppliers, and the general public. This high-level of interaction with both internal and external customers requires an individual with a keen service orientation and strong public relations skills. Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written), be friendly, courteous, and diplomatic with a positive attitude. Must be a team player who is pro-active, enjoys dealing with the public, and can respond quickly to customer needs and/or requests. Strong organizational and time management skills are required. Must have a professional image.
Minimum 2-4 years experience in a professional, high energy customer service environment, preferably in the hospitality industry or related field.
Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent.
• Alberta Security Guard license is required for the position. Suitable candidates must hold or be willing to complete the full licensing process to obtain the license.
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as an organizational best practice and as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.