Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, Calgary and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
Brookfield Properties in Calgary is looking for Security Gaurds to join the team. As a security gaurd, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ability to work in a safety sensitive environment and comply with pre access requirement: background screening
- Positive and strong team player
- Commitment to providing outstanding personalized customer service
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to work in stressful situations
- Professional and mature demeanor
- Physically able to complete walking patrols throughout the building and exterior areas
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Patrol building and exterior areas
- Assist with day-to-day operation of the Security Control Centre
- Respond to and/or investigate calls and emergencies in a timely and organized manner
- Monitor and authorize access control to property
- Ensure accurate and thorough documentation of all incidents
- Rotating shift schedule: 2 days/2 nights/4 days off
- Full-time hours, opportunity for overtime shifts
Alberta Security Guard license is required for the position. Suitable candidates must hold or be willing to complete the full process to obtain the license prior to starting employment.
Brookfield Properties offers:
- Competitive wage
- Prestigious downtown commercial properties (Bankers Hall, Bankers Court, Brookfield Place Calgary, Fifth Avenue Place, Suncor Energy Centre) close to public transit
- Opportunity for advancement
- Dental, health and vision coverage for employee and their dependents
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- First Aid and Safety training provided
- Educational Assistance
- RRSP matching program
- Health/wellness benefit credit
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Professional uniform and shoes are provided with dry cleaning services provided and paid for by company
- Eligible for annual pay increase based on performance, in accordance with company policy
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as an organizational best practice and as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.