Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
As a part of Building Operations team and reporting to the Technical Supervisor, the successful candidate will hold a valid Fourth Class Engineer certification and contribute to the team responsible for ongoing maintenance and repairs and the safe, reliable and efficient operation of all major HVAC and mechanical systems of the Place de Ville complex. The primary responsibility of this role is to focus on the maintenance of the property and occasionally assist in the operation of the First Class steam plant, chiller plant and buildings of Place de Ville.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs to a variety of HVAC, mechanical equipment and systems within the buildings, the central steam and chilled water plants.
- Assist other Operations staff including Engineers and Tradesmen to help repair and maintain similar types of equipment in the complex.
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of HVAC, mechanical equipment and systems within the buildings, the central steam and chilled water plants.
- Work with contractors to coordinate and carry out maintenance and repairs in the complex, providing assistance to them in carrying out the work and communicating to Operations staff where the work has an impact on the building systems.
- As permitted by TSSA, operate a high pressure central steam plant, carrying out routine steam plant duties such as the testing of safety devices, testing for sufficient levels of water treatment, etc.Provide temporary relief for the Third Class Engineers in during the winter months as required.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices.
Service oriented with excellent communication skills. Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team while learning from others. The successful candidate will be capable of working independently and making good decisions. Must have a positive attitude and present a professional image. This position involves regular collaboration with co-workers; the ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team atmosphere.
- Minimum one year experience working in a mechanical repairs or maintenance setting and/or plant.
- Preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience with pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, air handling equipment and water treatment practices; however we are willing to train.
- A valid Ontario Fourth Class Operating Engineer Certificate is required. Preference will be given to candidates currently pursuing Third Class Engineer exams.
- The successful candidate must pass and maintain a Government of Canada security clearance.
- Must be mechanically inclined, with some knowledge of the use of hand and power tools as well as maintenance and repair of varying mechanical systems.
- Must have a technical aptitude as some responsibilities involve working with sophisticated plant equipment and building systems.
- Should have a sound understanding of safe work practices in a maintenance environment.
- Must be capable of carrying out the physical tasks of the job.This includes the use of ladders and platforms, operating hand and power tools, lifting, pushing and pulling on equipment and objects, working in many positions and locations, including a significant amount of walking and standing.
- Must be physically capable of working some shift work including 12-hours shifts, 7 days per week, 24 hours per day coverage including overnights when required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as an organizational best practice and as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.