Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York, Los Angeles, and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
Voted 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the Los Angeles Business Journal
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Centrally coordinates the California Market Center (CMC) Events’ efforts, effectively positioning the CMC brand among its major stakeholders, including Mart tenants and potential tenants, investors and target investors, business partners, and the fashion community.
- Develops 3 to 5-year business plan for CMC Events business, outlines strategic initiatives, defines and aligns objectives
- Develops an in depth understanding of CMC’s peers, their products and marketing/advertising strategies. Tracks competitive marketing activity, conduct research on customer needs, and evolves CMC’s programs to be competitive in the market.
- Implements marketing and advertising strategy to support the branding of CMC Events to its major stakeholders. Writes and updates marketing materials that reflect and promote CMC’s brand, ensuring clear, consistent messages.
- Researches and recommends new marketing vehicles to enhance CMC’s programs in line with current and future trends in the industry.
- Researches and recommends new technology, hardware and software, that will improve events and marketing, reduce departmental costs, and/or enhance the buyer experience and the CMC brand.
- Collaborates with The Intersection and other regional marts on setting FM dates for LA
- Identifies, solicits and secures partnerships with outside industry trade shows
- Develops relationships with key tenants from each category and facility tenant/management board meetings to discuss LA Fashion Market dates, marketing strategies, etc.
- Creates Fashion Market special events (prior events include Mayor ribbon cutting ceremonies, lobby runway shows, design award installations, collaborative galleries with FIDM and OTIS, etc.
- Acts as main point of contact between Marketing/Trade Show departments and upper management
- Develops effective Internet marketing strategies to include future state plan
- Directs and manages Marketing and Trade Show departments, mentors and develops staff
- Develops multi-year budget and supporting documentation, oversee budgets and time lines, report appropriately and keep management apprised of significant variances or concerns
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner suitable for interaction with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related field plus 10+ years’ full-time marketing experience in a corporate environment with management responsibilities. Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong hands-on Marketing, Buyer Relations, and Trade Show experience in the fashion/apparel industry.
- Ability to develop long-term strategic plan, associated initiatives, goals and objectives. Knowledge of market segmentation and product marketing is essential.
- Experience with Direct Marketing techniques and with Marketing Research (competitor analysis, industry trends, customer surveys/focus groups).
- Experienced in developing Marketing and Events Plans and creating a Budget Plan for both.
- Experience in management of projects, outside vendors and deadlines required.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internal and external.
- Exceptional Staff development and management skills.
- Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent PC skills; advanced to expert in using: Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Mac knowledge a plus.
- Strong design sense.
- Must be creative; offers a fresh prospective and new ideas; ability to think outside of the box.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Able to travel 10%.