Brookfield Office Properties owns and manages premier office properties in supply constrained markets across North America, UK and Australia. The quality and location of Brookfield’s landmark office properties attracts the best, most successful organizations across North America, UK and Australia. In Canada, we have properties in three main cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. Brookfield Office Properties is committed to outstanding customer service which is supported by extensive training and proactive recruitment practices, enthusiastically embraced by the entire Brookfield team.
Building Inventory Control Coordinator looks after reviewing and logging all the existing inventory/locations/type/quantities of parts and equipment located throughout the complex. Reviewing the existing inventory with appropriate parties to determine what is required or valuable to retain. Setting up a new inventory system defining type/ quantities/locations of parts and equipment and the ongoing maintenance and accuracy of the inventory system. Also included will be to assist with the P.M system and other administrative duties as required.
- Establish/maintain inventory requirements/levels/room locations content etc. by performing physical inventory room inspections and system benchmarks.
- Reviewing existing inventory locations /quantities of materials by working with the respective managers determining inventory requirements and as needed for P.M schedules
- Input/maintain preventive maintenance schedules, providing the managers reports from the system as required.
- Coordinate Tenant purchases through sourcing of product based on best price and availability.
- Provide recommendations for purchases based on best pricing and forward to purchaser.
- Provide assistance to construction services with inventory status on base building requirements related to construction projects.
- This position is key to managing parts and supplies for an operation of this size.It is a key component in the operation as the incumbent must have a knowledge base that covers the various types of equipment and how they are used within a commercial complex.It is a resource for staff and contractors alike to rely on for quick delivery for parts that are not stocked.
- This position is responsible to source out best pricing in order to keep expenditures down to a minimum thus meeting budget needs.This is also advantages to our tenants in that we can apply Brookfield discounts when purchasing on their behalf.This is viewed as a “Value Add” service.
- This position provides mentoring and guidance for the Assistants position with a goal of succession within the department.
- Paperwork is a large portion of this job as all orders require documentation through Purchase Orders to processing of invoices.
- Any parts or equipment that is turned over to base building must be catalogued and put into storage for future use.This can be anything from light fixtures to toilets, to blinds etc.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities with strong attention to detail
- Ability to obtain status completion of tasks and track the work of others upon request from team lead
- Strong communication skills- verbally over the telephone and in writing
- Work well with IT and other business stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization, including senior management
- Work in a complex environment with multiple companies and multiple IT and business teams
- Able to work well in a high paced and collaborative environment as well as demonstrate an ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Three (3) years purchasing experience that ensures knowledge of suppliers and avenues to source parts that are not common place, with the goal of expedient delivery at the best possible prices.
- Inventory control experience to provide security and consistency relating to parts availability for users of the service
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Building maintenance and operations experience to provide insight as to the function and physical attributes of parts being ordered.
- Basic accounting fundamentals an asset.
- Basic computer program literacy in Excel, Word, Inventory-Pro and Real suite work order systems etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.