Brookfield Office Properties owns and manages premier office properties in supply constrained markets across North America, UK and Australia. The quality and location of Brookfield’s landmark office properties attracts the best, most successful organizations across North America, UK and Australia. In Canada, we have properties in three main cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. Brookfield Office Properties is committed to outstanding customer service which is supported by extensive training and proactive recruitment practices, enthusiastically embraced by the entire Brookfield team.
This position requires a Brookfield ambassador who specializes in relationship management with high profile tenants; who will ensure superior service delivery; who promotes Brookfield as the pre-eminent property management company and award winning corporate ‘flagship’ building, Brookfield Place, as the ultimate tenant destination in Canada.
- Proactively develop and maintain positive relations with tenants and respond to inquiries, requests and problems as necessary as the Primary tenant contact for requests, (i.e. billing issues, lease inquiries, service amenities, special requests, telecommunications etc.) and responsible for initial complaint follow-up and resolution.
- Ensure retail merchandising and tenant mix provides a successful environment for all retail tenants.
- Coordinate, review and comment on all tenant alterations, moving, deliveries and any special tenant requests.
- Interface with internal departments regarding leasing, budgets, operations and tenant services.
- Document, review and refine pre-move in/move out activities.
- Follow up to ensure Tenant Information Forms and databases are current.
- Ensure leasing software accurately reflects the lease document while maintaining accurate records (i.e. vacancies, expiries, fixturing and commencements) and update appropriate departments as necessary.
- Review and provide analysis comments for; Offers to Lease, Proposals, Retail Sales, Accounts Receivables, monthly asset management and co-ownership reports.
- Participate in the process to review construction drawings/design plans, ensure area certificates are updated to reflect space changes and formally documented for billable purposes.
- Participate in the preparation of the retail marketing, promotional and leasing budgets and management the retail Promotions Fund.
- Maintain and update the tenant information guide, tenant services provided directories and signage.
- Establish tenant satisfaction services goals and track performance.
- Continually improve tenant satisfaction as measured by the Tenant Survey, Tenant Focus Group Meetings and Key Account Meetings and track the tenant interaction formally.
- Negotiate and maintain all retail License Agreements.
- Review Tenant Service Calls monthly to establish “trends” and resolve recurring service calls and complaints.
- Review all communication, including individual Operations Department and Security communications, sent out to tenants to ensure they are accurate, user friendly and consistent with service mission.
- Identify and share amenity opportunities to create value.
- Assist with creation and execution of content for myBrookfield app including events, promotions and publicizing tenant programs.
- Assist with the organization of external events, including Nuit Blanche, film production shoots, charity events.
- Participate on Tenant Service Team with the organization of all Block internal tenant events, i.e., Earth Month, Tenant Appreciation, Waste Reduction Week, Holiday Breakfast etc.
- Order and distribute tenant gifts
- Coordinate annual bicycle lottery and award process
- Assist with award submissions (i.e. LEED, BOMA360)
- Participate as an active member of the JHSC.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong service orientation and will be confident, friendly and courteous. You must present a mature, tactful and professional image with excellent interpersonal and communication (written/oral) skills. You are self motivated, a creative problem solver and able to work effectively under pressure independently and in a multidisciplinary team environment. Adaptability, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy are critical to being successful in this position.
Minimum 5 years commercial property management experience or equivalent in a large mixed use complex environment.
- University education preferred or similar work experience required
- Professional designation e.g. RPA, CPM preferred
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft 2010 Word & Excel
- Knowledge of financial and lease analysis
- Previous experience in Yardi and Angus software systems would be an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.