Brookfield Office Properties (BPO) owns and manages premier office properties in supply constrained markets across North America, UK and Australia. The quality and location of Brookfield’s landmark office properties attracts the best, most successful organizations across North America, UK and Australia. In Canada, we have properties in three main cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. Brookfield Office Properties (BPO) is committed to outstanding customer service which is supported by extensive training and proactive recruitment practices, enthusiastically embraced by the entire Brookfield team. Our Legal team is looking for a Lease Administrator to join their team.
Strong motivated, lease administration professional to manage the lease administration process in the Toronto office. Responsibilities include facilitating the accurate and timely review, abstracting, and transmittal of lease transactions, as well as tracking, verifying, reporting, and disseminating lease data for approximately 11 million square feet of commercial real estate in the Toronto/Ottawa region.
- Accurately and timely abstract all fully executed lease documents into Yardi Voyager
- Provide quality control for lease deals in VTS, supporting lease documentation and commission calculations
- Manage lease options and encumbrances in throughout lease management system
- Coordinate space reconfigurations with the CAD Department to ensure updated floor plans and correct building measurements
- Point-person for lease-related questions and lease management system inquiries
- Oversee and coordinate monthly holdover process
- Assist with lease research of existing tenants, pending deals, leasing statistics, tenant buyouts, and/or early terminations, as necessary
- Accurately and timely maintain subtenant report with information such as square footage, base rent, and lease dates
- Assist in the development, documentation, and maintenance of lease processing policies and procedures
- Assist with management of lease documents and supporting documentation in document management software (DMS)
- Manage lease administration department workload in an accurate and efficient manner and in compliance with corporate guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Recommend Proposals, exceptions to defined policies and procedures, and major decisions should be referred to VP Legal Counsel and/or SVP, Legal.
- Timely and accurately prepare and/or assist with monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports
- Manage departmental administrative tasks
- Assist with regional asset acquisitions
- Actively participate in annual building area reconciliations
- Five (5) years related experience in commercial real estate, preferably with high-rise office buildings
- Strong knowledge of commercial real estate documents and the leasing process; apply this understanding in performance of job responsibilities
- High customer service orientation, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with key customers
- Provide a high level of attention to detail for reliable accuracy
- Consistently demonstrate excellent communication (both verbal and written), organizational, and analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of basic lease accounting and finance principles and familiarity with their impact and application in commercial real estate analysis
- General knowledge of the greater downtown Toronto commercial real estate market
- Proficiency in PC based software, especially MS Excel and Word; Yardi Voyager, Propidex, and VTS a plus
- Possess ability to accurately develop various types of logical reports
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitude, friendly, helpful, and responsive
- Ability to multi-task, proactively prioritize and manage workload, and finalize projects
- Light travel required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.