Brookfield Office Properties (BPO) owns and manages premier office properties in supply constrained markets across North America, UK and Australia. The quality and location of Brookfield’s landmark office properties attracts the best, most successful organizations across North America, UK and Australia. In Canada, we have properties in three main cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. Brookfield Office Properties (BPO) is committed to outstanding customer service which is supported by extensive training and proactive recruitment practices, enthusiastically embraced by the entire Brookfield team. Our property at Hudson's Bay Center is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Hudson’s Bay Centre at the best possible value. Assist the Senior Property Manager in the review of the operating procedures of the base building systems to ensure maximum efficiency and in establishing mid to long-term capital expenditure plans to maintain the integrity of the building. Manage the Operations department and oversee all work related to the building performed by building operators or trades working on site.
- Lead the operations department ensuring a safe work environment and compliance with OH&S best practices, including the delivery of all corporate OH&S training requirements for staff as applicable.
- Supervise all functions of the building’s operating systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building automation controls and structural systems, life safety systems, swing stages, vertical transport, loading dock equipment, emergency generators, fire suppression and alarm equipment whether it be operating, repairs, maintenance or replacement.
- Maintain excellent employee, tenant and trade relationships, by dealing co-operatively with any concerns, meeting with tenants to resolve any comfort concerns that they may have and by dealing directly with the trades where they’re involved in capital or major projects. Provide input when trades are working with the Construction Group. Ensure trades while on site are adhering to the rules and regulations of the building.
- Responsible for the preparation, tracking and reporting on all related operating expenses and capital budgets in keeping with the annual objectives and assisting the Senior Property Manager in establishing the scope of timing of both operating and capital expenditures relating to HVAC, roof repairs, curtain wall repairs, building and electrical systems.
- Monitor and adjust preventative maintenance programs to reflect changing conditions and requirements and monitor the tenant service reports to ensure the staff are meeting corporate benchmarks set within.
- Ensure the performance of all related building service contracts providing support to the Operations department.
- Set objectives and perform staff evaluations and monitor in-direct reports evaluations within the group, to ensure that employees are meeting their objectives
- Review proposed HVAC and mechanical design changes and provide feedback to ensure that owner or tenant projects do not adversely affect the future efficient operation of the systems and maintenance of established standards.
- Investigate, develop and implement methods by which to operate the building with continuous improvements in sustainability, energy efficiency (energy management) and cost effective by way of lighting, heating, garbage/recycling or any other method prescribed as procedural by Brookfield.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Service driven, professional, courteous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written.)
- A self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, have strong problem solving abilities and be able to multi-task
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in managing operations for one or more buildings in the downtown area of 500,000 – 1,000,000 sq. ft. rentable area.
- Experience and knowledge of project management and preventative maintenance concepts
- Knowledge of engineering concepts related to central heating, cooling, ventilation and base building systems, including computer-based DDC systems
- Knowledge of the T.S.S.A. Act and applicable legislation governing industry
- Formal training and/or proven-applied experience in energy management and building codes
- Knowledge of purchasing, tendering and quotations processes.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Post secondary education and Building Environmental Systems Operator Class I and II designation or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.