Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
Voted one of the 2017 Best Places to Work in LA by the Los Angeles Business Journal
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSILBILITES
Provide administrative support to Property Manager and Assistant Property Manager
- Process and issue purchase orders as directed by Building Manger.
- Track receipts of materials or services purchased.
- Code and process invoices for payment.
- Maintain filing system for vendor/contractor services and purchases and general correspondence.
- Track actual and committed expenses and prepare budget variances.
- General resale certificates and certificates of capital improvement
Accounts Receivable and Billing
- Prepare billings for tenant services.
- Track and report tenant services for freight, fire-watch, and other provided engineering services.
- Schedule freight bookings and update records accordingly.
- Review lease provisions pertaining to tenant services for purposes of billing.
- Maintain tenant billing files and certificates of insurance.
- Address tenant inquiries and dispatch complaints to appropriate departments.
- Greet and process visitors and clients of the Building tenants.
- Provide temporary ID’s for employees.
- Process new employee badges and replacement badges.
- Coordinate meetings and handle outgoing correspondence.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies for building use.
- Produce correspondence and reports.
- Maintain general office files
- Take on daily assignments as directed by the Building Manager and Assistant Building Manager.
- Cover the front desk as needed
- Update and maintain tenant utility consumption records.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain successful business relationships and contacts. Must have good grammar, ability to write clearly and concisely, and able to communicate with professionalism.
- Proven record of providing excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient using office equipment such as personal computer, photocopier, scanner, fax machine, printer, and calculator.
- Proficient using software programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Able to perform telephone operations such as call hold, call forwarding, teleconferencing and other switchboard functions
- Regular attendance on site is an essential function of this position. Must be able to work consistently as scheduled during normal business hours. This position is not eligible for telecommuting.