At Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
- Managing lease administration, tracking gross sales, tracking insurance certificates and WCB Status;
- Maintaining contract schedules and binders, and updating floor measurements certificates as required;
- Assisting with various accounting procedures for the Tenant Services Department;
- Complete move in and move out checklists and memos for internal distribution;
- Providing administrative support including drafting correspondence, mail merges, spreadsheets, and taking meeting minutes;
- Providing support to tenants, receiving calls, and responding with appropriate action or consulting with managers as required;
- Assisting with compiling monthly financial reports for review;
- Liasing with Operations, Security and Construction departments daily ensuring relevant information is communicated as required;
- Managing the Work Authorization Permit System;
- Ensuring Accounts Receivables are followed up on in a timely manner and is current;
- Providing reception coverage as scheduled or on an as-needed basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Superior customer service skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a variety of priorities and changing deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations diplomatically;
- Good understanding of operational and technical issues to support communication with the Operation, Construction and Security Managers.
- Professional and appropriate demeanor and skills to manage inter-departmental and external relationships.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum three (3) years experience in an office administrative position;
- Previous office experience in property management is an asset;
- Previous customer service experience is required;
- Experience with developing spreadsheets, completing mail merges, taking minutes, etc.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access);
- Experience with Yardi Voyager accounting system is an asset;
- Ability to learn new systems and programs quickly
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Minimum Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent;
- Preference will be given to post-secondary education in Administration and/or a related field
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.