ABOUT BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES
Brookfield Properties is a premier real estate operating company that provides integrated services across the real estate investment strategies of Brookfield Asset Management (“Brookfield”) — a global alternative asset manager with over $265 billion in AUM.
Brookfield’s global investing expertise and access to large-scale capital, combined with Brookfield Properties’ well-established position as the commercial landlord of choice in many of the world’s most dynamic markets, provides a unique advantage. It also assures premier-quality commercial premises and optimal outcomes for our tenants, business partners and the communities in which we operate.
Our vertically integrated real estate capabilities are established in each of Brookfield’s target sectors and regions around the globe, ensuring that our assets are managed to maximize the tenant experience, with a focus on integrating new real estate technologies that keep us at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
For more information, visit brookfieldproperties.com.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Monitor all activity, fire alarms, alarms, access control, building management environmental alarms, CCTV and associated devices via computer based systems.
- Provide rapid, appropriate response & reaction to all emergency situations: breach of security, tenant medical, fire/life safety, elevator malfunctions/entrapments, disasters and floods. Report all emergency situations and suspicious activity to Building and Security Management.
- Ensure that all shift and building activity is recorded and documented in the security shift activity log. Complete reports for any and all theft, personal injury, and incident and property damage.
- Challenge all persons attempting to remove any and all property from the building at all times.
- Provide tenant clients / building patrons with directions and guidance whenever necessary.
- Assist Building Management with the day to day operation.
- Monitor, review and complete all assigned work status programs.
- Carry a two-way radio, monitor all transmission at all times, be familiar with the correct protocol and operation of the two-way radio.
- Ensure that all security related equipment is functioning properly at all times. Report any and all variances to the Security Director, Security Shift Supervisor, and the Engineering staff; Document all variances via shift log, e-mail and On-Cite.
- Complete all assigned building tours, report and follow up on any negative observations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Basic knowledge of hi-rise building life safety systems
- Lifting Surveillance/Observation Skills, Apply Good Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills.
- Ability to pass and receive the department of public safety Commonwealth of Massachusetts freight elevator license test.
Part Time (Saturday & Sunday, 4pm-12am)