At Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
The Manager, Operations is responsible for ensuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of Brookfield Place at the best possible value. Assist the General Manager, Technical Services, in the review of the operating procedures of the base building systems to ensure maximum efficiency and in establishing mid to long-term capital expenditure plans to maintain the integrity of the building. Manage the Operations department and oversee all work related to the building performed by building operators or trades working on site.
- Supervise all functions of the building’s operating systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building automation controls and structural systems, life safety systems, emergency generators, fire suppression and alarm equipment whether it be operating, repairs, maintenance or replacement.
- Maintain excellent employee, tenant and trade relationships, by dealing co-operatively with any concerns, and by dealing directly with the trades where they are involved in capital or major projects. Provide input when trades are working with the Construction Group. Ensure trades while on site are adhering to the rules and regulations of the building.
- Lead the operations department ensuring a safe work environment and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety best practices, including the delivery of related training requirements for staff as applicable.
- Monitor and adjust preventative maintenance programs to reflect changing conditions and requirements and monitor the tenant service reports to ensure the staff are meeting corporate benchmarks set within.
- Lead Operations team by coaching and mentoring for individual growth development.
- Set objectives and perform staff evaluations and monitor in-direct reports evaluations within the group to ensure that employees are meeting their objectives
- Assist in the development, tendering and monitoring of contracts for all functions which fall under the responsibility of the Operations department.
- Review proposed HVAC and mechanical design changes and provide feedback to ensure that owner or tenant projects do not adversely affect the future efficient operation of the systems and maintenance of established standards.
- Investigate, develop and implement methods by which to make the building a more environmentally efficient (energy management) and cost effective by way of lighting, heating, garbage/recycling or any other method prescribed as procedural by Brookfield.
- Service driven, professional, courteous with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written.)
- A self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment and with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, have strong problem solving abilities and be able to multi-task.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience in managing operations for one or more buildings in the downtown area of 500,000 – 1,000,000 sq. ft. rentable area.
- Experience and knowledge of project management and preventative maintenance concepts
- Knowledge of engineering concepts related to central heating, cooling, ventilation and base building systems, including computer-based DDC systems
- Knowledge of fire and life safety systems
- Knowledge of the T.S.S.A. Act and applicable legislation governing industry
- Formal training and/or proven-applied experience in energy management and building codes
- Knowledge of purchasing, tendering and quotations processes.
- Post secondary education and Building Environmental Systems Operator Class I and II designation or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Exceptional coaching/mentoring, and motivational skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.