At Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. we are in the business of owning, managing and developing premier office properties globally. The quality and location of our landmark office properties continue to attract the best and most successful organizations across these regions. In Canada, we own and manage properties in three major cities - Toronto, Ottawa and Calgary. We are a leader in the commercial real estate market because of our greatest asset, our people. We look for talented individuals to join our growing organization and share our passion towards service excellence for our tenants and clients. If you possess outstanding interpersonal skills, are customer driven, and are innovative, then we encourage you to take your career to the next level and apply for this exciting opportunity with us.
This position is responsible for providing front-line security to maintain a safe and secure environment for the tenants, guests and employees at Brookfield’s high-rise office properties. Guards will work as a part of a team. Due to Brookfield’s high-profile guards can expect multiple training opportunities in various security & life safety related areas. There is opportunity for growth within Brookfield. There may also be opportunities available for overtime.
- Ensuring the security and life safety of all tenants, guests, contractors, and staff are a priority always.
- Patrol building lobbies, exterior areas, parkades, tenant and retail areas.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, contractors etc. ensure a high level of access control to the building.
- Support the day to day operation of the Security Control Room, ensure response to calls are completed in a timely manner.
- Deliver superior customer service to internal/external clients while ensuring strict adherence to Brookfield policies and processes.
- Investigate and assist with response to all incidents that occur while on shift, ensure accurate documentation through incident management system.
- Respond and provide support in relation to emergency response situations (fire alarms, medical emergencies, bomb threats etc.)
- Audits and assisting in projects related to security & life safety equipment.
SERVICE / PERSONAL SKILLS:
- This position requires a dedicated team player with a keen commitment to providing personalized customer service. Proven problem solving and decision-making skills are essential to perform in stressful situations. This position must deal with safety-related issues in a confidential, professional and mature manner.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal), organizational and time management skills are necessary.
- This position requires rotating shift work including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Professional uniforms and shoes will be provided. Dry-cleaning of uniforms is included.
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Previous experience in the Security field as a Security Guard is preferred, but opportunity does exist to learn on the job.
- Experience in commercial multi-tenant properties would be a definite asset but not required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- You will gain knowledge in the operation of fire alarm panels, security systems (including card access system), intercom system, two-way radio, telephones, CCTV system and basic computer skills
- Candidates should be experienced with computers and MS Office.
EDUCATION / DESIGNATIONS / LICENSES:
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Alberta Security Licence.
- Rotating shift schedule: 2 days/2 nights/4 days off
- Full-time hours, opportunity for overtime shifts
BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES OFFERS:
- Competitive wage
- Prestigious downtown commercial properties (Bankers Hall, Bankers Court, Brookfield Place Calgary, Fifth Avenue Place, Suncor Energy Centre) close to public transit
- Opportunity for advancement
- Dental, health and vision coverage for employee and their dependents
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- First Aid and Safety training provided
- Educational Assistance
- RRSP matching program
- Health/wellness benefit credit
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Professional uniform and shoes are provided with dry cleaning services provided and paid for by company
- Eligible for annual pay increase based on performance, in accordance with company policy
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield Properties (Canada) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals.