Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and London, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
Brookfield Property Partners is currently seeking a General Manager of Operations to manage two high-rise office buildings with a connecting three-story retail plaza. This role is the primary contact for tenants, third party vendors, contractors, retailers, and Brookfield Office Property employees. The GM manages all property operations including occupancy, use, repairs, maintenance, security, improvements, and general well-being of the properties.
- Tenant Relations. Develops and maintains positive tenant relations mainly through regular face-to-face contact visits/meetings. Listens to tenant concerns; clarifies issues; identifies solutions; communicates to all parties. Responsible for tenant retention and satisfaction. Develops and implements a tenant-retention program to include tenant profiles and custom strategies to retain tenants. Identifies tenants who are not likely to renew and develops replacement strategy.
- Management and Leadership. Manages integrated team, which includes regular Brookfield employees and third party vendors/contractors. Provides leadership, direction and advice. Sets the standard for attendance, behavior, and professionalism. Ensures efficient delivery of services and maintenance of the property. Conducts property inspections on a scheduled basis, communicates priorities, and provides guidance as necessary.
- Budgets and Planning. Develops all encompassing property operating and capital budgets including tenant revenue and expense projections. Collects data and analyzes it. Makes recommendations for approval. Reviews utility consumption patterns and develops forecasts.
- Maintenance and Service. Negotiates and maintains property service contracts such as security, cleaning, elevator maintenance, etc. Confers with vendors regarding scope and quality of service. Ensures vendors meet contracted service standards and price. Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal code requirements.
- Project Management. Oversees major repairs and capital projects within budget and project plan. Coordinates specification preparation, bidding and award. Works closely with construction management and engineering teams to execute projects.
- Reporting. Monitors monthly financial report to determine net effect of expense to budget, explains and reconciles variances. Approves property purchase orders, invoices and tenant invoices for payment. Prepares quarterly property management reports including operating results, stacking plan, tenant issues review, physical plant summaries, cleaning review and utilities summaries. Works with the Property Accounting department to manage accounts receivables for the property.
- Management Communications. Keeps Senior Vice President of Operations informed of all issues.
- Leasing Operations and Lease Administration. Cultivate relationships with existing office tenants and retailers to develop a list of prospects. Ensures that all vacant spaces are “best of class” and prepared to lease as quickly as possible. Available to walk spaces with prospective tenants. Coordinate move-ins, deliveries, and tenant special requests
- Able to read, interpret, and abstract leases. Reviews leases to provide all required tenant services and coordinate billing of same. Works with contractors and construction department on tenant improvement projects to ensure projects are completed per the requirements of the lease. Maintains familiarity with the contents of all of the leases of current tenants and able to identify and follow up on deviations.
- Security. Establishes guidelines and information for tenant training programs on life safety and security procedures. Manages staff by providing leadership, direction and advice to the Security Director, supervisors and contractors to ensure efficient delivery of security services. Makes recommendations for enhancements or changes to existing programs. Formulates security-related policies and procedures. Identifies criminal trends and terrorist risk and makes recommendations including updates to procedures manuals.
- Other. Coordinates and assists with other departments. Maintains a positive work environment. Upholds positive image for Brookfield by participating in real estate organizations, such as BOMA, IREM, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Commercial Retail or Office Property Management with detailed knowledge of financial operations, tenant relations, administration, and leasing plus an undergraduate degree. May accept an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in marketing, advertising, sales, sponsorship, event management, and budgeting.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret, and abstract leases.
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to maintain successful business relations.
- Excellent attention to detail and aptitude for analytics.
- Must be able to work consistently on time as scheduled on site.
- Proficient in Excel, Angus, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously